Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Generosity of a Child

The last group of babies I got (not the ones from yesterday, but the ones before that) came from a student of mine.  Today while I was making my rounds during morning duty, he stopped me in the hallway and told me he wanted to give me something to help feed the baby possums.  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few quarters.  I told him "Thank you so much, but I would rather you keep the money and get yourself something since you are the one that saved them!"  He tried over and over to give me the money.  Finally, I convinced him to hold on to it.  I'm so proud to know that there are decent, selfless children coming up in this world.  Every time you watch the news or read the paper, you see all of the terrible things that kids and adults are doing, but I wanted to share this small gesture from a young child that absolutely touched my heart. 

2 comments: