Monday, May 23, 2011

Cottontail!

I've come to realize that I have some pretty compassionate and caring students.  Most of my animals have come from kids that I teach.  Today I received a call from the vet clinic that they had an orphaned cottontail.  This great family had saved it from a dog that had already killed another rabbit.  Once I saw the little fellow I knew it was ready to be on it's own.  Though they look really fragile at this age, they are capable of fending for themselves.  Good job for keeping it safe from the dog though!  I have no doubt this one would have been next on the menu!







   

3 comments:

  1. awwww!! little bunny!!!!! soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I never updated everyone on this little bunny. It hopped away the next day!

    ReplyDelete