Thursday, April 21, 2011

Still kicking

All the baby animals are still alive and kicking!  They seem to be growing and developing normally.  Do you know how hard it is to have tiny, cute, fuzzy little rabbits that you can't pet and play with?  If I can raise them all the way until release it will be so rewarding though.  Just imagine...they will go on to reproduce and live life in the wild!  As I said in my last post, cottontails are notoriously hard to raise because they are so nervous and  tend to die from fear!  These guys are eating well and don't seem to be too scared.  I do have a very strict NO talking policy while I'm dealing with the rabbits.  This is to try to avoid spooking them.  The first day I had the rabbits, Heath made the mistake of coming into the room to ask me about something and I shot him a look that apparently was not the least bit friendly!  Sorry about that hun!





I am feeling really sleep deprived. I haven't slept well since February 6th, the day my Grandma passed away. We have learned so much about her life since she passed. I wish she would have shared all of these secrets with us. What hurts me most is that she went through all of these things alone. She never had to do that. I have to say my Grandma was a very strong woman. She was widowed the first time by the time she was my age (actually her mid 20s) and widowed the second time in her 40s. Thinking of my Grandma. I made the flower arrangement for her headstone.








I also recently opened 2 shops in CafePress.  I call one Danielle's Possum Park, though I don't really have a "possum park".  You know that song from "A Goofy Movie"?  The "Lester's Possum Park?  Any money that I make from these shops will go directly to caring for animals (wildlife and rescue dogs).  Recently I've been working really hard to make extra money to help care for all of these animals.  Go on over and check out my shops.  I have some cute products!  I think they are cute anyway!  Each shop has different prints so check them both out.  (Just click on the shop name to go to the link. "Danielle's Animal Prints"  or  "Danielle's Possum Park")   Danielle's Animal Prints  and   Danielle's Possum Park



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the bunnies are thriving in your care! I love the arrangement, you are a woman of many talents! Isn't it strange how you learn so much about someone after they are gone? I've experienced the same thing. My mom passed away Jan. 22nd this year and I'm still dealing with that, so I know how you feel. Hopefully time will help us both! Have a blessed Easter! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete