Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cat vs. Rabbit

I got a message today from a very nice lady named Pam.  Her grandson is one of my students.  Her cat had brought up some baby cottontails.  OH MY GOSH!!!  My first thought was "they will all die on me".  Cottontails are notoriously hard to raise.  Quite often they die of fear!  EEK!!!  I can understand how they feel because the fear of trying to raise these guys was enough to nearly make me kill over!  However, the challenge coupled with the interest in learning about rabbits made me jump at the opportunity.  When I arrived at Pam's house, I was greeted by her grandson and he showed me everywhere that he thought the bunny's nest might be.  We looked all around, but couldn't seem to locate the nest.  As always, I had to give Lynne from HAWK Center a call to see what in the world I needed to do!  Thank you so much for your help Lynne.  


Heath took these pictures while I was giving them some antibiotics to help ward off any infection from the cat. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the challenge. I knew they would die in my care, I didn't have a clue! They look happy in your hands! :)) Thank you again so very much! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete