Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reflection




Today has been a day of reflection.  I have come to realize that my husband and I have been through some of the toughest things a couple could be through during a relationship, but somehow we always find a way to make it through those hardships.  At times I could scream at the top of my lungs with frustration, but somehow make it back to that place of love and understanding again.  We have had our home destroyed multiple times.  Our old mobile home had the entire roof torn off during a storm, it caught fire 3 times (once was very close to being devastating, but it didn't burn down), water leaks that ruined walls and floors, etc.  All of this AFTER we had replaced the siding, some flooring, drywall, and eventually a new roof.  We have had to face infertility.  That was the #1 thing that almost split us up.  If you have never dealt with infertility, you can't possibly understand the ups and downs (gosh downs don't even describe it) that someone goes through.  Every appointment you go to, you just hope that there will be some more options, but then there aren't any.  Every month you take several pregnancy tests just to end up seeing a negative sign.  I actually still take a test now and then just to see.  It was harder for Heath to overcome than me.  My comfort came through my animals and the difference I can make in the lives of these creatures that can't care for themselves.  My animals are my pride and joy!  Nothing makes me feel better than to get an animal that is near death and make them healthy again.  Yes, there are hard choices that sometimes have to be made and sometimes I have to let them go, but I find comfort that they get to spend their last moments surrounded by love and compassion.  I feel truly blessed to have a husband that understands my heart and that shares this love and care of animals with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment