Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sad news

I'm up at 3:30 am because it's time to feed the babies!  The boy still wasn't doing very good, but I fed him anyway.  When I went back to check on him, he had passed away.  The little girl did GREAT for feeding time.  She throws a fit as soon as I walk into the room.  She starts making her "chook"ing sound.  That's how they call for their mom.  I'm sure it's pretty confusing to be warm and safe inside of mom's pouch then suddenly to be out into the big wide open world.  I hope she continues to do well.  After feeding, I did at least take a second to get a couple of pictures.  Not the best, but it's pretty hard to hold a squirming little opossum in one hand while taking a picture with the other, but at least you get to see her sweet little face!!!  I promise to post more as I go along.

I may be transporting a couple of little critters tomorrow.  There is a baby muskrat and a bat that need to go to other rehabbers!  Maybe I can sneak a couple of  pics of them along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment