Friday, June 3, 2011

First Turtle Shell Repair

Originally, Heath and I were going to each get our own rehab permit, but it was suggested that only one of us get the permit since it would be easier as far as record keeping.  Heath wanted to rehab non-venomous reptiles.  Well today we had our first opportunity to rehab a reptile!  Erin sent me a text that she had found a turtle with a cracked shell.  So it was Heath to the rescue again!  I wish I had taken before pictures, but in the rush of trying to get him "fixed", I just didn't think of it.  I can't imagine how painful it has to be when these guys have a cracked shell.  This guy or girl has received antibiotics, had the wound flushed, and shell repaired.  Now let's home there are no complications.




Here's his injury after it was fixed.

Here you can see the scuffs on his shell.


1 comment:

  1. Poor thing! Did he get hit by a car? I hope he will be ok. I'm glad someone brought him to you, I know you will give him a lot of TLC! :-) Keep us posted on his progression!

    ReplyDelete